Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Fashion Find


Getting a new outfit for Easter was always a thrill for me when I was a kid. My mom would take me shopping and it was always for something feminine and bright. I recall a floral skirt with pleats and a pink top. Then there was a pair of bubble gum pink pants with a ruffled white cotton top. If I were born during a different time, there would have been bonnets and gloves. I loved (still love) the candy (jelly beans, chocolate, marshmallow Peeps, yum, yum, yum) but the new outfit was the real prize. Easter signified the beginning of spring for me and with it came high hopes for warm and sunny days, and summer vacation right around the bend. Even now I mark it as the time to make lighter and brighter wardrobe choices. This year, I gave up shopping for Lent (it was a test of will), but I traded in some unwanted clothes at my local vintage/consignment shop last week and spotted this vintage jacket on the rack. I didn't have to think twice; it was so bright and Monet-like (and a perfect fit).

For the occasion, the Easter song I get stuck in my head every year:

No comments:

Post a Comment