Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Friday, July 11, 2008

Fashion Friday: Vintage Summer Clothes


I pretty much skipped the preppy phase of the '80s. When others wore Izod shirts with the collars turned up and khacki pants rolled up with docksiders, I favored faded and torn jeans with a rock T-shirt and Converse All-Star sneakers. I also wore a lot of black (my angsty teen self would quote Morrissey: "I wear black on the outside cause black is how I feel on the inside"). I’ve still got a pair of Converse All-Stars (in black, of course), but I’m suddenly attracted to vintage preppy styles. When I happened upon a warehouse sale for a vintage seller recently, I went right for a box of Izod separates and got a white cardigan and a red tennis shirt. I also scored a white eyelet button-up, a sleeveless tee with blue and yellow tulips and a sheer Vera floral blouse in soft blues and greens. Then my heart started racing when I spotted the box of Lilly Pulitzer pieces. Preppy! Pink! First I found a sheer pink button-up (perfectly paired with denim). Then, the men's pastel-colored floral tie (to be used as a belt). When I saw the Capri pants with palm trees and flamingos on the print (see photo above), I knew I was about to unleash my inner-preppy. My summer wardrobe was made.

To celebrate: a video for the stellar song from the new Bruce Springsteen album, "Girls in Their Summer Clothes." The Boss man still has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment