Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Monday, August 25, 2008

Rock T-Shirts That Rule



When I was a teen, I remember the excitement of arriving at a music venue to see one of my favorite bands perform and going right to the merchandise stand to see what the T-shirts looked like. If I liked the artist or band, there was no question about the fact that I would splurge on a tee. (I still have many of the ticket stubs but I regret not saving all those T-shirts.) Then I grew up and stopped buying rock shirts, but I've made some good purchases this year. It started with a Wilco tee; I loved the color and the design (see it above) and when I found out it was made of a bamboo and organic cotton blend, I was sold ("it's eco-friendly" is one of my favorite rationalizations these days). At yesterday's Radiohead show at the Hollywood Bowl, I was tempted again. The shirts come from the band's merchandising company, called W.A.S.T.E. (We Are Sensibly Talking Endlessly), and it's made of a polyester that comes from the fibers of recycled plastic bottles and organic cotton. Yep, easy sale; I got one for me and one for Mr. MVP (both pictured).

No comments:

Post a Comment