Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mid-Day Stretch: Banned Books

It's Banned Books Week! Makes me want to go back to high school and sneak one into physics class to read (Mr. Masters would occasionally bust me for reading poetry during physics—yep I was a real badass). Or maybe I should go to graduate school to become a librarian so I would be able to create a display to promote the books. Be a rebel: Read these! The American Library Association has links to lists of the most challenged and banned books. There are some literary heavyweights that have been banned but I will admit to being most happy to see "Forever" by Judy Blume on a list. Here's my copy, along with my "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret." I wish I could say the "Forever" copy was one I had when I was a kid but I had only the PG-rated Blumes in my childhood library and had to grab glimpses of the "dirty," dog-eared pages of "Forever" in the school cafeteria, holding the tattered paperback under the table so no adults would see. I picked up this copy at a yard sale a few years ago and gleefully read it cover to cover in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment