Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Kinda Yule Log


When I was growing up, the TV was always turned to Channel 11 on Christmas Day for the Yule Log. Christmas songs played and the fire burned--that's it. We didn't have a fireplace so I especially loved the Yule Log. I would like it now, but I'm sure I'd mute it. Enough with the terrible X-mas songs! Two weeks into December and I'm feeling Scroogy each time I walk into a shop and hear Mariah Carey or Kenny G or Celine Dion or Amy Grant. I'd program the Yule Log with the sountrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas," plus some Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and the Beach Boys. I'd throw in some Chipmunks for fun and some wildcards, like "Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin" by Lynyrd Skynrd and "Christmas with the Devil" by Spinal Tap. Cause we could all use some serious rockin' (and humor) this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment