Graffiti Collection
Best Graffiti
New Graffiti

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Red All Over Again


In the late '80s and pre-grunge '90s, I wore red lipstick every day. It was my thing. (Red fingernails, too.) I favored a well-known brand that uses ingredients I wouldn't dare put on my lips again, now that I'm aware of how the stuff is made (check out the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics website to get an honest look inside the products we use). The holiday season is here and I feel the urge to paint my lips red again. Josie Maran's lipstick line includes the perfect sheer red, called Devious, that's packaged in a recyclable tube and made with moisturizing jojoba oil and coconut cream (and no artificial fragrances or parabens or petrachemicals). I tried it recently at a makeup event for Josie's line at Vert, my local beauty shop in Venice, and bought a tube. My other new red is a tinted lip balm that contains shea butter to moisturize: the Wild Rose Lip Butter by Korres, another eco-conscious beauty line. I'm seeing red again: Devious for dramatic red lips, Wild Rose for dewy red lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment